Remember my S Scheme? Today marks five weeks in, so I am posting an update.
1. Vegetables: This one is going well. Some days I don't quite hit five servings, but four is pretty good by my lights.
2. Water: This one is harder and I haven't been tracking it as faithfully.
3. Planning: This is the hardest of all. FIve o'clock feels really early for dinner, especially if there's evening stuff going on.
4. Sugar: I was very careful at first, and then I got tired of being careful. (I haven't forgotten that I said I'd write a sugar post.) I'd say I'm being very temperate, but I'm not abstaining.
5. Exercise: This one is going really well. I've hit the goal every week-- 4 hours of moderate exercise. If you look closely you can see the faint outlines of what might be muscle in my upper arm. (Or maybe it's an Alien-esque thing that's going to hatch out when I least suspect it.)
You guys, I didn't tell you the reason for this Plan because it is so SO shallow. How shallow is it? I have to go get my driver's license renewed in four weeks. When I started this plan, I was 20 pounds over the weight on my license. I thought to myself, "Let's have a little truth in advertising here. Your driver's license should reflect your actual weight, or at least something close to it." And then I thought to myself, "I cannot possibly put this weight on my driver's license, so it's going to have to change."
Now I am 14 pounds over the weight on my driver's license, and I bet I could drop a quick five if my baby aliens decide to hatch out between now and then. But I keep reminding myself: the number on the scale is not the goal. Good habits are the goal. I figured out some reasons why I'd been overeating (perhaps the topic of another post), and I stopped. I'm loving this exercise regimen and feeling inordinately, embarrassingly pleased about my baby aliens. That's what matters, right?