- You guys, I have never seen comments on a post about abortion in which everybody was so courteous. I asked my husband to preview the piece to make sure I wasn't saying anything regrettable, and he said, "There will be a bunch of nice comments and then some horrible stuff." Instead, so far: 100% free of horrible stuff! Thank you for listening. Thank you for telling your own stories. I feel less lonely.
- I have made good headway on my list from Monday. I'm heading into the weekend with all of the grading done and my work inbox emptied out. I signed up for the 10K I mentioned, which could be interesting. It's funny how running once a week doesn't do much for fitness maintenance. Tomorrow I need to put in some face-to-face time with my brain dump list, but I can do that. Phew, I am feeling calmer than I was a week ago.
- It was a good week at work, in which I got a small grant to pay for conference travel, had a paper accepted, and had a poster proposal accepted. Next up: creating the posters I am supposed to have ready for my discipline's big convention next month. Eek.
- Tonight Stella and Ben curled up together in a chair to go fishing with the ten-foot tape measure. And do you know what a girl needs to take along on her fishing trips? The Complete Works of Shakespeare, obvs. Have you ever felt bored watching the guys fish? Julius Caesar to the rescue.
- She wanted to keep her options open while we were reading The Hobbit, too. She's still leaning intently over Julius Caesar here, just...because the goblins weren't holding her interest completely? I cannot say.
- 6. I am going to stop at six quick takes because my brain is spiraling slowly toward sleep like a graceless aging lammergeier swooping in for a landing. You can only fight gravity for so long.
There are more quick takes at Kelly's.