I took down a post from last night in which I was complaining AGAIN about my frustrations with Christian Trump supporters. Here are some happy thoughts instead:
- We have dark dark fierce chocolate and it is delicious with the date-coconut rolls that are also living in the pantry at the moment.
- I am reading a book that Kira recommended when it was on sale in the Kindle store. Oh, look, it's still on sale in the Kindle store -- $0.99. Go buy it. It's really good so far. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have a soft spot for books with smart redheaded heroines who are slightly awkward, but I bet you'll like it even if you don't share my bias.
- Have I recommended The Boy Who Loved Math to you before? It's delightful.
- Ummm, I am struggling to come up with a grading update that maintains the bright spots theme. Ummm, the undergrad exams are going faster than I thought they might? The disappearance of my online gradebook means that my grad students can't see how behind I am on grading their projects? Let's move on, shall we?
- I rode to the women's retreat team meeting tonight with a woman I didn't know very well. We had the most pleasant conversation, ranging from fluffy to deep. I'm glad I asked her for a ride.
I am heading to bed in hopes of eradicating this lingering respiratory crud. Good night, all.